Klallam Veterans

The Tribal Veterans representatives for the Elwha Klallam Tribe are:
Jerry Charles: 

Phone: 360-457-5116 (c) 360-461-2035
Email: gcharles@elwhahousing.com or jrc_redleg@hotmail.com

Joe Turrey:     Email: joe.turrey@elwha.nsn.us

Veterans Info:
To contact a veteran representative for the Elwha Klallam Tribe email the veterans site at Veterans@elwha.nsn.us or call 360-457-5116

For a copy of veteran records write to:

Lower Elwha Klallam Tribal Veterans Reps.
2851 Lower Elwha Rd.
Port Angeles, WA 98363

Military Records Facility
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63132-5100
Phone: (800) 318-5298

At a minimum, please include the service member’s complete name, SSI # , and/or serial number, and the requestor’s return address. Website is www.nara.gov/regional/stlouis.html

In order to locate former Klallam Veterans/ Soldiers, write a letter and send it to:
-Because of the Privacy Act 1974, the Tribe is prohibited from releasing the last known address of former members without their written consent. However, the Veterans Representatives will assist your search by forwarding your letter to the service member’s last known address.

Lower Elwha Klallam Tribal Veterans Reps.
2851 Lower Elwha Rd.
Port Angeles, WA 98363


To find a soldier on active duty, go to www.army.mil/


To see if you (as a veteran) are eligible for awards or to find information about awards refer to, www.perscom.army.mil/tagd/awards/index.htm

Many deployments and contingencies often result in awards being approved. The site above gives a comprehensive look at the process.

To obtain a copy of military records:
Medical records are maintained at one of 58 regional Veterans Administration (VA) centers around the country or at the national Veterans Administration Records Management Center in St. Louis. Call (800) 827-1000 for information on your regional VA center. The national VA Records Management Office can be reached by calling (314) 263-2800.

To obtain historical operational information about a particular Army unit:
The National Archives has historical operational information on Army units. For military information preceding the year 1941, please contact the National Archives One at (202) 501-5390. For military information from 1942 or later, please contact the National Archives Two at (301) 713-7250.

For research information on units participating in various conflicts in military history:
There is a wealth of information on military subjects in your library, or check the Center of Military History.

For information on retiree benefits:
Contact the local Army retirement services office to get started. Also, the Veterans Administration provides a great deal of assistance. Two websites of interest are: www.va.gov/ and www.acap.army.mil and retirement services at, www.odcsper.army.mil/retire/retire1.asp

If you are interested in joining the military and want to see what kind of jobs you are eligible for:
Contact your local recruiter for information about jobs, enlisting, commissioning, and bonuses for joining. Recruiters can be contacted at, www.goarmy.com/ , www.navy.com or www.airforce.com .


Veterans Jerry Charles, Will Sanchez Jr., Phil Charles Jr., Juan Macias Sr. and 102-year-old Hazel Sampson on Memorial Day 2012. Hazel is the oldest Elder living on the Elwha reservation and is enrolled at the Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe.
Veterans Ralph Ellsworth, Juan Macias Sr., Joseph A. Turrey, and Phil Charles Jr.

Any information/biographies regarding deceased Elwha Veterans please contact Billy at wcsanchez19@yahoo.com or Jerry Charles.

We are working at getting biographies.